How To Clean Oil Spill In Car Trunk
It is very common that oil spills in the car trunk ut you need to clean it because it will make your car trunk dirty and it will no doubt look bad. Below we have mentioned a few easy steps to clean the oil spill in the car trunk.
Absorb the Oil Stain
The first and basic step is to soak up all the excess oil. For this, follow the below-mentioned steps.
- Sprinkle, kitty litter, sawdust, coconut husk, or any other oil-absorbing material. If you have none of the products readily available, use a paper towel or cotton to absorb all the car trunk's excessive oil.
- Let the absorbent material sit on the oil for at least 24 to 28 hours. After that, clean the material with your hand or brush.
- Repeat this process with a new fresh absorbent material to remove all the excess oil.
Saturate the Oil Stain
If still any oil stain is left, you can follow this step. All you have to do is saturate the oil sain and clean the surface. Here are a few materials that saturate the oil stain:
- Water and liquid dish soap
- Dry laundry detergent
- A paste made of thinner, acetone, or spirit mixes with the oil absorbents that we mentioned in the step above.
So whatever you choose the cleaning absorbent to saturate the oil, let it sit on the oil for at least an hour. The cleaner cuts the oil and breaks the stain to make it easy to remove.
Scrub the Oil Stain
Use a wire brush to scrub the area. When you're done, rinse the area with water and allow it to dry. Hopefully, this will be enough to remove any remaining stains from your car trunk. Still, if you find any stain, clean the surface with detergent, and your car trunk is good to go.
Do you know how to get a dent from the car trunk? If you want to know about it then click here: How to get a dent out from a car trunk?