Dubai is a city where extravagance meets innovation. No wonder every adventurous person wants to experience the thrills the city offers at least once in their lifetime.
With the good Dubai road network, many young people fantasize about cruising through exotic neighborhoods in a powerful machine. However, thanks to top car rentals like Renty, people can now satisfy their fantasies. You can rent any sports car of your choice, provided you have the required documents.
This article will enlighten you on the rules and tips for an unforgettable drive in Dubai. Let's get right into it.
Rules for Safe Driving in Dubai
Driving a sports car in Dubai can be exhilarating, making you want to explore all possibilities. With the good Dubai road network, you can feel powerful enough to consider the roads your personal race track.
However, do not get carried away. There are rules you must follow to avoid being fined, imprisoned, or other punishments.
- Have the Required Documentation for Car Rental
Proper travel documentation is essential. You may need your passport and international driver's license to rent a car in Dubai. However, visitors can use their home country’s driving license for a limited period. So, you don't need to fret if you are only staying for a couple of weeks. Meanwhile, obtaining an international driving permit is advisable to ensure everything goes smoothly.
- Know the Age Restrictions and Abide By Them
While the legal driving age in Dubai is 18, like many other countries, you must be at least 21 to rent a vehicle. Also, some high-end models may have a higher minimum age requirement. Research the minimum age requirement of the vehicle you want to choose, and ensure you are legally allowed to rent it.
- Research Insurance and Get the Right One
It is vital to have the right insurance when traveling. This will absorb you from any unexpected expenses caused by accidents or other factors beyond your control. Insurance covers you can explore include:
- Collision Damage Waiver: This covers the rental vehicle in case of an accident.
- Loss Damage Waiver: This covers the theft and damage of the rental vehicle.
- Supplementary Liability Insurance: This covers the damage to other people’s properties in case you get into an accident.
- Personal Accident Insurance: This covers the medical expenses of yourself and the passengers if you get into an accident.
- Personal Effects Coverage: This covers personal belongings that are in the rental vehicle in case they get stolen.
Ensure you read the insurance fine print carefully before signing it so that you do not end up signing an insurance that is not ideal for you.
- Learn the Dubai Traffic Rules
Familiarize yourself with the local traffic rules. This will shield you from making mistakes that can lead to fines, imprisonment, visa revoke, and ban on visitations. Some of the Dubai’s traffic rules you should pay attention to include:
- Seat belts are mandatory for all passengers in the vehicle.
- Learn the speed limits for all road types, as speed limits are greatly enforced in Dubai.
- Use of mobile phones while driving without a hands-free system is strictly prohibited.
- Driving under the influence of alcohol or any other intoxicant is a severe offense with heavy penalties.
- Always obey traffic signals, signs, and road markings.
- Maintain proper lane discipline and use indicators when changing lanes.
- Wait for pedestrians at designated crossing points
- Children below a certain age and height must be seated in appropriate child seats
- Give way to vehicles already in the roundabout
- Excessive use of horns is highly prohibited; only use them for emergencies
- Park only in designated places. Wrong parking can lead to fines and towing.
- Do not go beyond the permissible tinting level.
- Check the Vehicle's Condition
Carefully inspect the vehicle’s condition before driving off. Note pre-existing damages and inform the rental company about it. You can also take visual evidence through pictures and videos to avoid any issues.
Tips for an Unforgettable Sports Car Adventure in Dubai
No one wants to forget the ride of their lives in a hurry. Therefore, we will discuss how to make the most of your Dubai sports car drive. The tips below will help you reminisce about the trip and enjoy the feel, even when you are no longer in the location.
- Choose the Right Vehicle
There are many sports cars in Dubai to rent. From the Lambboghinis to the Ferraris, the choice is unlimited; especially when you work with a reputable car for hire company. Remember to rent a vehicle that suits your taste and driving skills.
- Plan Your Route
Dubai boasts of many magnificent highways like Sheik Zayed and Emirates Road. These places are perfect for enjoying a thrilling drive. Plan your routes in advance to make your drive iconic.
- Drive Responsibly
While being behind the wheels of a high-performance sports car can make you feel like a god, drive responsibly to allow an enjoyable, comfortable and legal experience.
- Choose the Right Timing
Choose the right time when traffic congestion will not hinder your thrill. Early mornings or late evenings are perfect for such drives.
- Capture Memories
Don’t forget to capture the moments. Use Dubai’s nice backgrounds as a backdrop for frame-worthy pictures of your experience.
Dubai is a haven for explorers. With the city having many things to offer, from architectural marvels to technological innovations, Dubai should be on everyone’s bucket list.
If you love cars and want to do something magical in Dubai, feel free to rent a sports car and cruise through the Dubai roads in style. This article has explored the safe ways to enjoy an exhilarating drive in the city.